8 Health Tips for Men For Preventive Health and To Stay A Healthy Man
Start with these simple 8 health tips for men to become and stay a healthy man! It’s not always about pumping weights and the latest fad diet! A man can control certain lifestyle aspects for continual wellness and I have the new men’s wellness cookbook, Guy’s Guide To Eating Well that focuses on how to keep men healthy! By following these men’s health tips, a man can improve his health and hopefully, live a longer, healthier life. Start now by including these simple lifestyle health tips in your daily routine for preventive men’s health. And, as you know I am about recipes, and this oven roasted salmon recipe sums it all up! Delicious, simple and healthy so give my Oven Roasted Super Salmon recipe a try!
8 Health Tips How To Keep Men Healthy Start with Your Heart!
1. Show Your Heart Some Love: As the #1 cause of death for men in America, that’s enough reason to start on the heart. Keep your heart healthy by cutting out tobacco, keeping your blood pressure in check, and choosing good for you, low saturated fat, high-fiber foods like fruits, vegetables and whole grains.
Southwestern Shrimp Salad Bowl is from the HEART DISEASE: I’M AFRAID OF A BROKEN HEART CHAPTER giving you the most satisfying shrimp salad for a heart -healthy main dish salad option.
2. Don’t Count Out the Scale: Being overweight and obese increases your risk for arthritis, diabetes, heart disease and GERD. Maintain a healthy weight through diet and exercise to reduce your risk. Guy’s Guide To Eating Well: A Man’s Cookbook for Heath and Wellness focuses on realistic recipes for men’s health. Research shows that eating high quality protein such as lean beef, turkey and chicken can support weight loss with appetite control and satiety. Look for whole unprocessed foods high in fiber, such as fruits, vegetables and whole grains. These foods also help keep you full without being calorie dense.
Preventive Screenings Are Important Health Tips For Men
3. Screenings Reduce Risk for the Hidden Sniper: Approximately 80% of all cancer deaths in men are caused by only four cancers: lung cancer, colon cancer, skin cancer, and prostate cancer. Don’t put off screenings – so they will be hidden no longer!
4. Fats Aren’t Created Equal: Evidence shows that fat can increase your risk for heart disease and some cancers. However all fat is not created equal with saturated (fatty beef, poultry with skin, butter, cheese, whole milk) and trans fat (margarine, crackers, fried fast foods, frozen pizza) being more likely to increase your risk. Although all fat should be eaten in moderation for weight maintenance as they are calorie dense. Try to substitute unhealthy fats for healthy unsaturated fat sources like peanut butter, avocado, nuts, olive oil and fish.
Diabetic Diet is Best Overall Diet – My Favorite of Health Tips for Men
5. Diabetic Diets Aren’t Just For Diabetes: Everyone should be practicing the same well- balanced healthy lifestyle that is required for diabetics. In Guy’s Guide To Eating Well, there there a Diabetes-Obesity Chapter. More importantly, throughout this book and my Eating Well cookbooks, I highlight diabetic recipes with a “D” to show you that a mainstream diet can be diabetic-friendly. You should eat whole nutritious foods that are moderate sugar, healthy fat and portion control. Choose unprocessed whole foods, and low in simple carbohydrates. Then, you are triggering less insulin while giving your cells nutrients it can use for energy. Fiber, healthy fats, fruits, vegetables and lean protein should be the basis of not just diabetics’ diets but everyone’s for optimum health.
6. Don’t Let Joint Pain Slow You Down:
Arthritis in its most basic definition is inflammation in the joints. Did you know that Arthritis is the 2nd most frequently reported chronic condition with over 100 different types? Everyone can benefit from a plant based whole foods anti-inflammatory diet. Simple changes in your diet can make a healthy man.
A few specific nutrients are especially important to fight against inflammation. Vitamin C (bell peppers, oranges, spinach) and vitamin A (sweet potato, tomato, carrots) are antioxidant powerhouses that have been shown to reduce inflammation, joint weakness and pain.
Follow These Men’s Health Tips Before There’s An Issue
7. Prevent Heartburn before it Starts: Keeping your weight in check and not smoking are two main ways to reduce heart burn risk. Keep a food diary for your personal trigger foods that worsen GERD symptoms. Common trigger foods to avoid include foods high in fat, caffeine, chocolate, onion, citrus, tomato and alcohol.
8. Eating for Energy: I am not talking about energy drinks and coffee! If you find yourself constantly reaching for these, why not try a different route this time. Consider good nutrition! A balanced diet of complex carbohydrates, protein, and unsaturated fats fuel and help keep your energy levels up throughout the day. Stay hydrated with water and keep nutritious snacks on hand to prevent sluggish blood sugar dip.
Oven Roasted Salmon Recipe Great Recipe for How To Keep Men Healthy
Doesn’t get much better than this Oven Roasted Super Salmon from OBESITY& DIABETES: Why Can’t I Lose Weight? Chapter.
This delicious and quick salmon recipe fits in all the 8 Tips For Healthy Men. It’s a delicious diabetic salmon recipe and gluten-free for a perfect choice to eat to for how to keep men healthy. With only a few ingredients, the oven roasted salmon doesn’t get any easier or tastier.
How To Keep Men Healthy with Relatable Information and Easy-To-Make Recipes
How to keep your man healthy? How about keeping your man healthy with my quick and delicious recipes! Your entire family will enjoy all these favorites.
This men’s health cookbook will be a wonderful resource of information plus realistic recipes with ingredients you probably already have. No worries because the recipes are short and easy to fix. There’s even a pantry stocking guide.
Do You Want Menus? What To Serve With Oven Roasted Salmon
What to serve with the oven roasted salmon? You’ll find throughout the book I include serving suggestions so this gives you menu guidance in the kitchen. So, for the oven roasted salmon recipe, I suggest my Quick Caesar Salad and Roasted Lemon Broccoli recipes.
Men’s Health Tips To Combat Preventive Men’s Health
I partnered with Dr. Curtis Chastain for this men’s health cookbook, Guy’s Guide to Eating Well This is your wellness bible packed with simple recipes, reference information, and terrific tips to keep you and those surrounding you healthy. We all cook for different reasons: relaxation, necessity, or just because you have to fire up the grill. But, what about cooking for your health? Health doesn’t discriminate. This book is for men, women, and families. Start with these Top 8 Health Tips For Men for How to Keep Men Healthy this Father’s Day and forever. A healthy man is especially important on this special day!
Get All My Healthy Easy Cookbooks