About Team Holly:
Holly’s family has always been behind the scenes cheering her on and providing guidance on a daily basis (she talks to each child every day!), but each plays a specific role as part of her advisory board:
- Mike (Holly’s husband): Biggest supporter and sounding board
- Todd (Holly’s oldest): Master taste tester
- Courtney (Holly’s oldest daughter): PR guru and creative inspiration
- Haley (Holly’s youngest): Chief strategist and PPT junky
Lee Jackson, RDN, LDN: Director of Everything Including the Kitchen Sink
Registered dietitian with Holly for over 13 years, Holly has described Lee countless times as ‘[her] right hand and left hand.’ Lee has the privilege of getting to work right along with Holly wearing the many hats of their endless job description. As a part of #TeamHolly, she is excited to continue to share Holly’s passion for healthy cooking with her unbeatable Trim and Terrific recipes as well as keep her legacy going for gastric cancer awareness.
For business opportunities, media and questions please contact Lee at email@example.com
Pryce Bahnsen: Social Media Strategy Guru
Pryce is the creative mind behind Holly’s social media platforms and content. She had the privilege to begin working for Holly almost three years ago while she was still in undergrad at LSU and will be the first to tell anyone she is so lucky and honored to know and learn from Holly and Lee. Pryce is thrilled to be a part of #TeamHolly and continue to curate content and share Holly’s Trim & Terrific recipes and love for cooking!
Holly Clegg: Recipe to Life
- Over 25 years writing cookbooks
- Over 1.5 million people using my cookbooks
- National ShowsInclude: Fox & Friends, The 700 Club, NBC Weekend Today Show, QVC, Harry Connick Show
- Consisting of 14 books to-date. The trim&TERRIFIC® series plus Holly’s more health focused Eating Well series including trim&TERRIFIC® Diabetic Cooking, Eating Well Through Cancer, Eating Well to Fight Arthritis and Guy’s Guide To Eating Well
- Magazines: Cooking Light Magazine, Huffington Post, WebMD, Parade, USA Today, Women First
- Love coffee in the morning and wine at night
- Married 39 years: 3 children and spouses + 6 grandchildren + 4 grand dogs
- Attended Cordon Bleu Cooking School
About Holly Clegg
Hi, I’m Holly Clegg! As a mother of three children, I understand the challenge we all face in finding the time, energy and money to cook quick, healthy meals for a busy family. My humble journey started over twenty-five years ago in front of my own stove armed with the simple desire to feed my family nutritious food. From there it grew in a desire to help others with the same problems and has grown into fourteen cookbooks with over 1.5 million copies sold.
I attended the Cordon Bleu Cooking School in London but I owe a large part of my skill and passion for food to living in Louisiana. Southern Hospitality isn’t only kind words and friendly people. It also comes in steaming spoonfuls that are jam-packed with flavor and fresh ingredients. If you’ve tried any of my recipes you’ll notice the southern charm that I weave into the flavors. I know all the flavors work because I meticulously test every recipe to ensure it’s just right.
It’s An Honor!
There is a difference between being honored and working toward a goal. I feel so fortunate to receive several special honors over my career. The first honor was being included in the Top Louisiana Chefs of 2011 by the ACF of New Orleans. Then in 2016, the Baton Rouge Epicurean Society recognized my work with a Mama Marino Lifetime Achievement Award for their 10 year anniversary. I had my family at my side when I received this prestigious award! Also, I am so proud several of my cookbooks have won silver award nominations in book competitions.
Thanks to the help of some generous partnerships over my career, I have been able to work with local and national brands and organizations to share my love for quick, healthy cooking with even more people.
As of August 8, 2018, I was diagnosed with stomach cancer with zero risk factors and only five days of symptoms. My passion has always been to make a difference and especially with my cancer cookbook. You can follow my journey through cancer on my blog. I plan on sharing my journey with everyone to hopefully help many of you that are facing the same challenges as I am.
Please consider joining me in the fight against gastric cancer and donating to the Holly Clegg Gastric Cancer Research Fund at MD Anderson Cancer Center. My family and I created this fund in hopes that many others down the road can continue to benefit from the great care I have received and treatment options yet to be discovered. One hundred percent (100%) of these funds will go towards gastric cancer research at MD Anderson. This could help find a cure one day! Every little bit helps and we are so grateful for any amount of support. If you would like to donate via mail or online, visit My Cancer Journey to learn how.
Holly Clegg Cookbooks
Experience Holly Clegg as a Diabetic Resource
In 2007, Holly Clegg wrote trim&TERRIFIC® Diabetic Cooking with the American Diabetes Association. The cookbook provides families with diabetic-friendly, mainstream recipe options that will satisfy everyone.
Holly’s been featured as a diabetic expert in USA Today, and on TV shows like Fox & Friends and dLife (CNBC), offering her diabetic-friendly recipes and advice to consumers.
Holly was national spokesperson for AmMed Direct, a mail order diabetic supply company, offering consumers that sign-up her exclusive “Keep It Simple” diabetic-friendly recipe pamphlet series.
- Events/Store Appearances
- Recipe Development
- Trade Shows
- Keynote Speaking
- Newsletter/Website Content Development
- Integration in Media Opportunities and Social Media
Featured Speaker/Presenter at Various Events
- Komen “Think Pink” Luncheon
- Baton Rouge Bench Bar Conference, Perdido, FL
- Louisiana Dietetic Association, Lafayette, LA
- California Nut Festival, Chico, CA
- Lake Austin Resort & Spa, Austin, TX
- Louisiana State Conference Department of Justice
- AHA Go Red Luncheon, Lafayette, LA
- Blue Cross Blue Shields Wellness, Baton Rouge, LA
- “Louisiana Looking Up 2010” Baton Rouge, LA
- Personal Chef Conference, New Orleans, LA
- TOPS State Conference, Lafayette, LA
- Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN
- IACP 2005 Conference, Dallas, TX
- Home & Garden Show Featured Chef, Baton Rouge, LA
- Women’s Health Alliance, Slidell, LA
- Epcot Food & Wine Festival, Disney, Orlando, FL
- Wilmot Cancer Center, Rochester, NY
- St. Louis Cooks & Entertains Celebrity, St. Louis, MO
- IACP 2001 Convention, Minneapolis, MN
- 47th Annual Tulane Educational Forum, New Orleans, LA
- IACP 1999 Convention, Phoenix, AZ
- Cooking Light Grandstand, Atlanta, GA